3D printing has become a well-known tool in the medical world, as demonstrated by the growing number of examples of its use. In this event, 3D4Med and Stratasys will show how 3D printing can become a systematic part of clinical-surgical applications with multiple intended uses: surgical planning support, preoperative training and simulation, patient informed consent, and education.
3D4Med is the 3D Printing Clinical Laboratory active at the IRCCS Policlinico San Matteo Foundation, jointly with the Department of Civil Engineering and Architecture of the University of Pavia.
Stratasys is a leading 3D printing company with innovative solutions for the medical industry.
10:00 Event start
- Institutional greetings from the President and the Strategic Direction of Fondazione IRCCS Policlinico San Matteo and the ProRector for Research of the University of Pavia.
10:10 3D Printing at the University of Pavia (F. Auricchio)
- The 3D@Unipv strategic theme and the launch of 3D printing-related activities
10:20 The role of 3D printing in the hospital (A. Pietrabissa)
- From the first idea of the laboratory to the current activities
10:30 3D4Med -The Clinical Laboratory of 3D Printing (S. Marconi)
- Technical aspects, laboratory structure, case management workflow
10:50 Stratasys (A. Toutain)
- Stratasys 3D Printing Solutions for the Clinical World
11:10 Examples from the clinic
- Practical examples of 3D printing applications in some clinical-surgical fields. Speakers: P. Canzi, M. Benazzo, L. Pugliese, A. Peri, S. Savastano, V. Sgromo, A. Raffaele.
12:00 Demo Stations / Breakout / Visit at 3D4Med Lab
- Patient-specific simulators will be available on site for:
- Otologic microsurgery procedures
- Kidney transplantation
- Echogenic procedures
- Pediatric surgery
13.00 End of program with a light lunch
At 14:00 there will be an optional visit to the 3D4Med laboratory at the Department of Civil Engineering and Architecture, University of Pavia, to learn more about 3Dprinting technologies.
THE EVENT WILL BE HELD IN ITALIAN.